Turn past experience into new opportunity.
A new, career-enhancing program that delivers the world-class professional training of UCLA Extension through a groundbreaking iPad app.
Professional certificates have become increasingly more popular in the US over the last 5 years. According to the Institute for College Access and Success, about 3% of the workforce (or 4 million workers in total) have certificates.
Certificates are not standardized across academic institutions in the country, so official names vary from professional certificates to graduate certificates to master certificates.
There are many options available to you when it comes to earning a professional certificate, but UCLA Extension certificates are the best choice for your career. Here’s why:
- Outstanding Academics: UCLA Extension is one of the nation's oldest, largest, and most comprehensive professional and continuing higher education providers.
- Unmatched Value: UCLA Extension's expertise in adult professional education combined with in-depth career services provides an exceptional value you won't find anywhere else.
- High Instructor Quality: You'll receive real world insights from expert practitioners who have advanced degrees, years of experience and current knowledge in the fields they teach.
- Academic Credit: UCLA Extension courses earn professional academic credit and an official transcript with the seal of the University of California.
- Career-Focused Instruction: UCLA Extension certificates are designed by expert practitioners to provide you with relevant job skills that translate into real value for your employer or business.
- Full Immersion in your Field of Study: Each certificate is comprised of 6-9 robust instructor-led courses (delivered over 4 ten-week sessions) that are integrated with hands-on projects and coupled with peer learning, career guidance, and job preparation. Most other certificate programs only offer a handful of courses. You will receive not only the in-depth exposure and detailed understanding in your chosen career field, but also comprehensive career planning that you cannot get anywhere else.
- Save Time and Money: You’ll save time and money by selecting a UCLA Extension certificate over a graduate degree. UCLA Extension certificate programs take just 12 months to complete at a fraction of the cost of graduate programs, which generally take 2 years to complete and are mostly taught on location.
Take the first step to changing your career! Call 1-800-EMPOWER to talk with a program counselor who is interested in understanding your career goals and aspirations. Or take our Free Career Assessment to help you see what program might be right for you.