Global Sustainability: Empower the Planet!
Global Sustainability Certificate
The program has been designed for professionals interested in exploring the dynamic field of environmental sustainability, those needing to stay up to date in their current position or for individuals who want knowledge and skills to be better global citizens. Encompassing the fields of environmental law, design, business, public policy, science and technology, this program will focus on major elements that impact the environment on a daily basis such as our use of water, air, land, energy, and transportation.
Graduates of this program will be prepared to:
- Build a business case for a long-term sustainability strategy
- Demonstrate an understanding of sustainability ethics and differences from environmental and business ethics
- Engage in effective discourse about the importance of individual behavior in the advancement of sustainability efforts
- Explain and discuss diverse renewable energy technologies and their applications
- Understand important physical, chemical, geological, and biological components of the ocean system
- Identify the economic viability of sustainable practices in the real world environment, determining whether the measures will result in net profit or loss
- Identify US and international environmental policy issues, laws, and institutions
- Understand and provide functional examples of green buildings
Download our Global Sustainability Career Guide.
The certificate is 36 units and consists of 9 courses and 1 seminar which can be completed in 12-15 months.
Take the first step to changing your career! Call 1-800-EMPOWER to talk with a program counselor who is interested in understanding your career goals and aspirations. Or take our Free Career Assessment to help you see what program might be right for you.