Health Care Management: Empowering and Helpful!
Transformational Leadership in Health Care Certificate
There is a need for leaders to serve in a broad spectrum of settings throughout the U.S. health care system, including hospitals, ambulatory care clinics, private physician practices, public health departments, long term care facilities, mental health organizations, rehabilitation centers, health insurance organizations, and consulting firms. This certificate provides students with the theories, concepts, knowledge, and skills necessary to reinvent health care and create new service models that are more reliable, responsive, and integrated. Graduates of this program will be prepared to:
- Address unique challenges and promote change within the health care system
- Analyze data and make decisions on findings
- Create and shape the vision for a health care organization
- Develop a working knowledge of how the social, cultural, and language needs of patients impact the delivery of safe and effective health care services
- Evaluate patient care quality
- Identify health care delivery models
- Lead strategic change to improve systems and address organizational effectiveness
- Provide consultation and guidance to interdisciplinary colleagues or managers
Download our Health Care Management Career Guide.
This certificate is 8 courses, 32 units, and takes 12 months to complete.
Take the first step to changing your career! Call 1-800-EMPOWER to talk with a program counselor who is interested in understanding your career goals and aspirations. Or take our Free Career Assessment to help you see what program might be right for you.