Human Resources: Help Empower people!
Human Resources Administration Certificate
Human resources practitioners face challenges aligning HR functions with corporate objectives to meet competitive business needs. As they assume strategic roles in companies of all sizes, HR professionals are increasingly accountable for improving organizational performance through skillful management of employees. Graduates of this program will be prepared to:
- Apply strategies, concepts, and practices essential to the effective selection of staff
- Create strategic alignment of the human resources function with corporate objectives
- Design and structure a human resource management department
- Develop strategies for assessing, designing, and implementing training and organizational development efforts to improve individual and organizational performance
- Evaluate and design complex compensation and benefits programs to meet organizational needs and challenges
- Plan and manage individual and organizational change utilizing established change management frameworks and tools
- Understand the legal and regulatory environment related to human resources hiring, supervision, discipline, compensation, and benefit programs
As they complete the Certificate in Human Resources Administration from the UCLA Extension, students master the professional body of knowledge that meets all the certification requirements of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
Download our Human Resources Management Career Guide.
This certificate is 7 courses, 26 units, and takes 12 months to complete.
Take the first step to changing your career! Call 1-800-EMPOWER to talk with a program counselor who is interested in understanding your career goals and aspirations. Or take our Free Career Assessment to help you see what program might be right for you.