IT Management: Innovate and Empower!
Information Technology Management Certificate
Students who earn their Information Technology Management Certificate from UCLA Extension acquire the professional knowledge and skills needed to effectively manage IT resources, implement new technologies and efficiently use existing technology to maximize corporate investment. Graduates of this program will acquire the following key competencies:
- Apply financial knowledge to manage IT projects, including basic accounting, budget preparation for services, and capital and operational budgeting
- Communicate the value of IT investments to end users and executive management
- Coordinate customer support expectations and delivery
- Develop effective strategic and business plans to ensure IT infrastructure is efficient
- Evaluate and align IT resources with business goals
- Manage a team of IT staff including outside contractors and vendors
- Manage both internal and outsourced IT projects
Download our Information Technology Career Guide.
This certificate is 8 courses, 32 units, and takes 12 months to complete.
Take the first step to changing your career! Call 1-800-EMPOWER to talk with a program counselor who is interested in understanding your career goals and aspirations. Or take our Free Career Assessment to help you see what program might be right for you.