Marketing: Get Empowered to Market Yourself!
Marketing and New Media Fundamentals Certificate
Online media is now the cornerstone of effective marketing campaigns in every industry. Search engines, keyword advertising, ad serving, affiliate networks, social media, and email have broadened the marketer’s skill set beyond the classic “Five Ps” and mass media advertising. While mastering the fundamentals is still important, online marketing has dramatically changed how businesses find and build relationships with customers.
Students who earn a Certificate in Marketing and New Media Fundamentals from UCLA Extension learn time-tested marketing principles while acquiring a state-of-the-art marketing skill set they can put to use immediately. Graduates of this program will acquire the following key competencies:
- Analyze the marketplace and create an integrated marketing communications program that results in a stronger brand
- Develop relationship-driven customer management systems based on efficient resource allocation and decisive strategic planning
- Develop strategic marketing plans and be able to communicate and evaluate return on investment of underlying promotional methods
- Understand how digital and social media technology, tools, and tactics can be integrated into goal-orientated campaigns that enhance brands and motivate desired behaviors
- Understand marketing methods, practices, and institutions from the perspectives of manufacturers, distributors, and consumers
Download our Marketing & New Media Career Guide.
This certificate is 8 courses, 28 units, and takes 12 months to complete.
Take the first step to changing your career! Call 1-800-EMPOWER to talk with a program counselor who is interested in understanding your career goals and aspirations. Or take our Free Career Assessment to help you see what program might be right for you.